LATEST NEWS: In order to maximse the funding available and support as many businesses as possible the maximum grant available will be £10,000 per project.
The LAG is particularly looking to support projects that will enhance the visitor experience linked to the waterways and the wash (eg facilities for boating, cycle hire, walking, fishing, food, retail, accommodation, etc).
The LAG will also prioritise projects that have the potential to create skilled employment for local people.
Support is available for members of a farm business that is generating an income from agriculture at the time the grant application is made.
Applicants will be looking to diversify into non-agricultural activities.
Examples may include:-
- the conversion of empty buildings to workshops;
- animal related services i.e. kennels;
- alternative forms of holiday accommodation;
- recreational parks and/or facilities;
- base for rural services such as child care;
- use land for fishing, fruit and vegetable sales;
- small scale renewable energy projects.
Eligible Activities include:-
- retailing, manufacturing or service industries, including selfmade products, recreation, equestrian and creative industries (eg artisan crafts, sculpture)
- environmental services, including the traditinal trades required to maintain and enhance the landscape
- renewable energy, including storage/supply of woodfuel (planting support and forestry processing activity are eligible from other agencies).
Support may be provided through:-
- grant aid towards the costs of capital investment
- start-up revenue costs (if this involves salary costs, it must be degressive if spread over several years)
- market research and feasibility studies, where linked to the investment to be made
- marketing support, product development, branding and design costs
- technical support to help new businesses become established and to help existing businesses to consolidate and expand.
Outputs - depending on the level of grant requested, we will expect eligible grant recipients to achieve the following-
- Number of farm businesses benefitting
- Increase in non-agricultural profitability by farm business
- Number of jobs created
For further information, please contact:-
Local Action Group Manager
Wash Fens Rural Development Programme
c/o South Holland District Council
Lincolnshire PE11 2XE
e-mail: Please complete form on contacts page